Monday, October 8, 2012

Gluten Free Pancakes

Here in Virginia, the weather drastically changed over the weekend.  We had 80 degree weather one day and 50 degree the next.  I actually like this type of weather, so it doesn't bother me, though I would rather Fall temperatures to stick around now for good...who knows if they will though.

Because the weather was so cool, and we had church on tv on Sunday, we decided to have a Sunday brunch!  We had chocolate chip pancakes, eggs, sausage and hot chocolate.  It was delicious.  I figured, I could share my pancake recipe with you!

I take my base recipe from my Better Homes and Gardens cook book I have had since I got married in 2004.  I also double the recipe, since we have a little pancake eating monster named Josh in our house, so I will do the actual double recipe I make.

Gluten free Pancakes

1 scoop protein powder into 1 cup measuring cup, fill the rest with Wendy Wark's GF mix.
1/3 cup almond flour
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/3 cup Wendy Warks GF Mix.
2 tablespoons sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 beaten eggs
2 cups milk
4 tablespoons cooking oil
Milk chocolate chips

To vary the recipe above -

If you do not want to use protein powder, just use 1 1/3 cup GF mix.
If you do not want to use almond or coconut flour, just use 2 cups of GF mix.

If you have milk allergies, almond milk works just fine as well, I made mine on Sunday with 1 cup regular milk and 1 cup almond milk.

I mix all dry ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.  Then I just put the wet ingredients in and mix well with a wire whisk.  After that, if you want to put in chocolate chips, mix in as many as you would like.

 

We use a griddle to make our pancakes.  I set the heat at about 350 degrees.  The batter will be thick, but it will spread out on the griddle.  Once it looks like it is rising a bit, you can flip it over.

 

We like to top our pancakes with strawberries, chocolate syrup, whipped cream or regular syrup.  My son likes to do all of that at once!

 

Enjoy and please share with anyone you know who would like to learn some recipes!

My next recipe should be cinnamon rolls!  Stay Tuned!

Also--if you viewed my flour post...I have posted a picture of the rice flour, sweet rice flour and tapioca starch brand that I use.http://www.theglutenfreeimposter.blogspot.com/2012/09/lets-talk-flours.html

Sasha

No comments:

Post a Comment