Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Introductions!

I want to start this blog by saying, that I do not have Celiac Disease, Gluten Intolerance, Casein Intolerance etc. Because I do not have these issues, I decided to name my blog The Gluten Free Imposter.  I do not eat gluten free all the time, though most of the time I do.  I do not eat gluten free most of the time because it is a "fad diet" either.  Celiac Disease does run rampant through my family and has hit many members of my family.  We ate gluten free in my family before it was cool.  We ate gluten free before all the wonderful resources became easily available.

We grew up making jokes about having celiac attacks, because my brother was born with it (it was the 70s-80s and no one knew what to do about diet to fix it), and making fun of siblings is surely the best way to show love in a family right?  I know it isn't funny to have celiac disease and I do take it very seriously, but a little poop between family members is funny...well at least in my dysfunctional family it is.

I know there are some serious gluten free bloggers out there and I hope that I don't offend them TOO much in my writing....but I am who I am, and I know for sure, that I have a resource at my fingers and a talent that is untapped and it is bursting to be let out.  My husband and I started a gluten free bakery from our home for about a year and a half.  I shut it down recently because I need my home to be a place of peace....and we were fighting quite a bit about said business.  I already work from home all day with my accounting business...that's right ladies and gents, I am a boring accountant, but that is another story for another blog, and he works all day as a Marketing Manager for a mid-sized apparel company.  Anyway--in our quest to create recipes that were delicious for our customers, I found out something...I am pretty dang good at gluten free baking.  Remember, I do not eat gluten free all the time, so my standards for what I was going to sell to my customers better be something that I would eat...because I do have pride. 

So Welcome to my blog!  I plan on doing all the fun jazzy things to make this blog more appealing visually, but I wanted to get this out there now so it pushes me to actually do it.

If you know someone who is gluten free, or just wants to balance foods they eat to cut out some gluten, send them to this blog.  I assure you, you will not be disappointed with my recipes.  My husband might kill me for posting some of them here, but I feel like people who are gluten free already have to pay so much more for their food...it is the least I can do to help them without monetary influence.

I plan on putting tips and recipes on this blog, so spread the news!

Enjoy!
Sasha

No comments:

Post a Comment